[openstack-dev] [tempest] clients/manager in plugins

Ryota Mibu r-mibu at cq.jp.nec.com
Fri Dec 11 11:15:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is a question regarding design of clients and managers in a tempest plugin.

I'm not familiar with tempest, but it seems that there are the following terms:

    Client: client of service or feature (part of service)

    ClientManager: having clients which are needed for particular test scenario

If so, I'd like to use tempest.test.BaseTestCase() with my ClientManager which is customized to load clients from other repositories out of tempest and my own repository. So, I proposed [2]. But, if there is a better approach to do the similar thing, please let me know.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tempest/plugin.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/255161/

Thanks,
Ryota