[openstack-dev] [trove] Upcoming specs and blueprints for Trove/Mitaka

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Thu Dec 10 16:10:28 UTC 2015

Members of the Trove community,

Over the past couple of weeks we have discussed the possibility of an early deadline for submission of trove specifications for projects that are to be included in the Mitaka release. I understand why we're doing it, and agree with the concept. Unfortunately though, there are a number of projects for which specifications won't be ready in time for the proposed deadline of Friday 12/11 (aka tomorrow).

I'd like to that the following projects are in the works and specifications will be submitted as soon as possible. Now that we know of the new process, we will all be able to make sure that we are better planned in time for the N release.

Blueprints have been registered for these projects.

The projects in question are:

Cassandra:
	- enable/disable/show root (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/cassandra-database-user-functions)
	- Clustering (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/cassandra-cluster)

MariaDB:
	- Clustering (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/mariadb-clustering)
	- GTID replication (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/mariadb-gtid-replication)

Vertica:
	- Add/Apply license (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/vertica-licensing)
	- User triggered data upload from Swift (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/vertica-bulk-data-load)
	- Cluster grow/shrink (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/vertica-cluster-grow-shrink)
	- Configuration Groups (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/vertica-configuration-groups)
	- Cluster Anti-affinity (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/vertica-cluster-anti-affinity)

Hbase and Hadoop based databases:
	- Extend Trove to Hadoop based databases, starting with HBase (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/hbase-support)

Specifications in the trove-specs repository will be submitted for review as soon as they are available.

Thanks,

-amrith