[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Tempest] OS-INHERIT APIs were skipped by Jenkins because "os_inherit" in keystone.conf was disable.

Henry Nash henrynash9 at mac.com
Wed Dec 9 09:03:14 UTC 2015

Hi Maho,

So in the keystone unit tests, we flip the os_inherit flag back and forth during tests to make sure it is honored correctly.  For the tempest case, I don’t think you need to do that level of testing. Setting the os_inherit flag to true will have no effect if you have not created any role assignments that are inherited - you’ll just get the regular assignments back as normal. So provided there is no test data leakage between tests (i.e. old data lying around from a previous test), I think it should be safe to run tempest with os_inherit switched on.

Henry