[openstack-dev] [keystone][doc][tempest] What title should be for OS-KSCRUD extension

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:20:31 UTC 2015

Hi Dolph,

Thank you for your quick feedback,

> I just noticed you suggested "<verb> <subject>"; if that's the prevailing
> form, then I'd suggest "Change password (self-service)".

Nice title for the api-site.
Now Tempest's method is update_user_own_password() which calls this API.
That is still good since your explanation.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> This is implemented as a "self-service user password change" on the v2
>> public API. The user is required to have a token for the password they are
>> changing, and is required to know the original password before a new one can
>> be set.
>>
>> There is a similar "administrative password reset" call on the v2 admin
>> API (contrib.admin_crud) which does not require the original password:
>>

>> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/contrib/admin_crud/core.py#L104-L114
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Keystone-team,
>>>
>>> TL;DR:
>>>   Keystone v2 API supports PATCH on '/OS-KSCRUD/users/{user_id}',
>>>   What should we name the operation for?
>>>
>>> We are adding the api-site link to Tempest docstring for explaining
>>> how to use each REST APIs of each project.
>>> This work comes from previous discussion on openstack-dev[1].
>>> We can find problems on Tempest and the api-site and solve them, that
>>> is good thing for improving the quality.
>>> During this work[2], we are facing a problem difficult to distinguish
>>> what title is the best for OS-KSCRUD extension on Keystone v2 API.
>>>
>>> Keystone v2 API provides an API on "OS-KSCRUD/users/<user-id>" with
>>> PATCH.
>>> That seems "Update user" from REST design, but according to the
>>> following Keystone implementation, that seems "Set user password".
>>>
>>> keystone/contrib/user_crud/core.py
>>> 131         mapper.connect('/OS-KSCRUD/users/{user_id}',
>>> 132                        controller=user_controller,
>>> 133                        action='set_user_password',   <HERE>