[openstack-dev] [TripleO] TripleO UI

Ana Krivokapic akrivoka at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 13:20:16 UTC 2015

Hi All,

In this email[1], Tzu-Mainn summarized recent developments in TripleO
regarding the workflow library and the REST API. I'd like to complement
that email with some information about the future TripleO UI.

The new REST API aims to unify the deployment workflow and has the tripleo
client[2] as the only current (CLI) consumer. I wrote a spec[3] to propose
adding TripleoO UI, as another (GUI) consumer of the TripleO REST API. The
idea is that TripleO UI should provide an alternative way of deploying an
overcloud via TripleO, while offering the same capabilities that the CLI
does. The spec contains all the information about introducing a new GUI,
including the rationale behind shifting the focus from Tuskar-UI to this
new GUI.

The current location of the TripleO UI code repo is [4]. Note that it is
still WIP and not fully capable of doing a deployment just yet.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081327.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack/python-tripleoclient
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239056