[openstack-dev] [oslo.db][sqlalchemy][mistral] Configuring default transaction isolation level

ELISHA, Moshe (Moshe) moshe.elisha at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Dec 8 13:13:43 UTC 2015

Thank you, Gordon for your reply.

In your patch I see that you are setting the isolation_level to REPEATABLE_READ. We are trying to change the isolation level to READ_COMMITTED.
I like to refer you to this performance article[1] that determines that READ_COMMITTED is usually better than REPEATABLE_READ.

In addition, maybe an additional reason for your slowness is that you do it when you get the connection - so you do an extra DB command that sets the isolation level.
My patch is changing the default isolation level for all connections upfront.

[1] https://www.percona.com/blog/2015/01/14/mysql-performance-implications-of-innodb-isolation-modes/