[openstack-dev] [release][all] bugs will now close automatically when patches merge

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Dec 8 11:00:29 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 08 2015, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Quite a few projects were using the option to fix-release directly
> already and behavior there doesn't change.

That makes sense, indeed.

> Could you detail what your workflow is ? How are you using FixCommitted
> and FixReleased on projects not managed by the release team ?

In Gnocchi, we use the "old" workflow of fix-commited/fix-released. We
also use Launchpad series to matches branches, so for example in:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnocchi/+bug/1513604

we're able to track the patch both for master (where the fix is
currently only commited) and in the 1.3 branch where the fix has now
been released as part as 1.3.1.

This is done manually since Gerrit/infra does not implement this AFAIK.
It would be awesome to have some way to see that if I've a patch with
Closes-Bug on stable/1.3, then it should add 1.3 series on the bug, etc.
Since we have a low number of bugs in Gnocchi, I can allow me to do that
manually for now.

So I'm a bit afraid that the new way of doing things breaks this
workflow we've been using and that has the upside of reflecting the
state of bugs accurately.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker