[openstack-dev] [release][all] bugs will now close automatically when patches merge

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Dec 8 11:00:20 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Julien Danjou wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 07 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>> As mentioned previously [1], as part of deprecating our use of Launchpad
>>> for tracking completed work we have changed the default behavior so that
>>> when a patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges the bug will
>>> move to "Fix Released" (a closed state) instead of "Fix Committed" (a
>>> "still open" state).
>>>
>>> The patch to make this change [2] has merged, and the behavior change
>>> should be in effect by now.
>>
>> Is this for all projects, whatever their release cycle is?
>
> Quite a few projects were using the option to fix-release directly
> already and behavior there doesn't change.

As an additional note, you can opt out of the new "direct-release" mode
by adding the "delay-release" option for your project in:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/gerrit/projects.yaml

That way Gerrit will set fixed bugs to FixCommitted, *but* then you'll
have to manually set them to FixReleased at some point.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)