[openstack-dev] [heat] scaling in a tenant

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:59:05 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Please help me in understanding below scenario ???

I am doing manual scaling based on inputs from monitoring framework instead
of ceilometer alarms.

I launched my heat stack in a tenant using python-api bindings:

>>> tenant_id = 'Tenant-A'

>>> heat_url = 'http://heat.example.org:8004/v1/%s' % tenant_id

>>> auth_token = 'user-A-in-Tenant-A auth-token'

>>> from heatclient.client import Client

>>> heat = Client('1', endpoint=heat_url, token=auth_token)

If I need to scale VM's belonging to this tenant, can I use tenant_id =
'Tenant-A' and auth_token corresponding to admin Tenant who has role access
in Tenant-A.

Because through monitoring framework, i can have admin details and no
tenant context ??

Thanks

Eswar