[openstack-dev] [ironic] RFC: stop using launchpad milestones and blueprints

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:50:40 UTC 2015

>>> I wonder how to avoid giving impression that development has stopped on
>>> 4.2.0. E.g. Launchpad would show 4.2.0 as the last released tarball, as
>>> we no longer push tarballs to launchpad.

.0 is clear indication that's GA tarball, but to make it clear you can
update Launchpad series summary
https://launchpad.net/ironic/liberty/+edit
to include the link to
http://docs.openstack.org/releases/releases/liberty.html#liberty-ironic

>> If, over time, we see a lot of folks actually confused about the
>> move we can figure out a way to migrate the old data elsewhere so
>> it can be deleted. But that's not going to happen this cycle, so
>> please leave it intact for now.
> Understood, thanks for explanation. So I withdraw suggestion #2.

Count me confused, when I saw Ironic 4.2.2 announcement and then 4.2.1
as latest in Launchpad.
I propose to remove https://launchpad.net/ironic/+milestone/4.2.1 - it
has no release notes and only one minor bug, so that's not much
information loss and cuts this confusing corner case.
For historical purposes, tarball is still available at
http://tarballs.openstack.org/ironic/ironic-4.2.1.tar.gz. This should
be the only non-reno Liberty release, for other projects it would be
super nice if release team could bulk add link
http://docs.openstack.org/releases/releases/liberty.html#liberty-$PROJECT
in all Liberty series summaries in Launchpad.

Cheers,
Alan