[openstack-dev] [ironic] RFC: stop using launchpad milestones and blueprints

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 8 07:12:06 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a question regarding #1 (Stop using LP for blueprints):

what should we now use instead of "specifies" and "implements" Gerrit tags
in commit messages? Simple Depends-On: <spec-review-id> should suffice but
is not visually specific enough, and only replaces "implements" tag.

Also as a side note, some gate jobs for spec repos must be modified to
accommodate for the new process - they are still requiring a LP blueprint
reference to be specified in the body of a spec
(e.g. gate-ironic-specs-python27).

Best regards,

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/07/2015 02:42 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Excerpts from Dmitry Tantsur's message of 2015-12-07 13:18:22 +0100:

> >> <snip>

> >> I wonder how to avoid giving impression that development has stopped on
> >> 4.2.0. E.g. Launchpad would show 4.2.0 as the last released tarball, as
> >> we no longer push tarballs to launchpad.
> >>

> > I think the fact that we'll be announcing new releases by pointing
> > to other URLs (the releases site, for example) will help avoid that
> > sort of confusion. You could also add a note to the top of the project
> > page on launchpad.
>
> +1
>

> > If, over time, we see a lot of folks actually confused about the
> > move we can figure out a way to migrate the old data elsewhere so
> > it can be deleted. But that's not going to happen this cycle, so
> > please leave it intact for now.
>
> Understood, thanks for explanation. So I withdraw suggestion #2.
>

> > Doug

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc