[openstack-dev] [Manila] Tempest scenario tests vs. gate condition

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Mon Dec 7 18:14:32 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 06:38 AM, John Spray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're working towards getting the devstack/CI parts ready to test the
> forthcoming ceph native driver, and have a question: will a driver be
> accepted into the tree if it has CI for running the api/ tempest
> tests, but not the scenario/ tempest tests?
>
> The context is that because the scenario tests require a client to
> mount the shares, that's a bit more work for a new protocol such as
> cephfs.  Naturally we intend to do get that done, but would like to
> know if it will be a blocker in getting the driver in tree.

This is not currently a requirement for any of the existing 3rd party
drivers so it wouldn't be fair to enforce it on cephfs.

It *is* something we would like to require at some point, because just
running the API tests don't really ensure that the driver isn't broken,
but I'm trying to be sensitive to vendors' limited resources and to add
CI requirements gradually. The fact that the current generic driver is
unstable in the gate is a much more serious issue than the fact that
some drivers don't pass scenario tests.