[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra][openstack-governance][governance][vitrage] Adding Vitrage to the Governance repository

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Dec 6 15:06:55 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-06 10:49:49 +0000 (+0000), GROSZ, Maty (Maty) wrote:
> Vitrage would like to initialise new puppet-vitrage module (change
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252214/) I was instructed to
> first add a patch to the governance repository:
> https://review.openstack.org/253893 How do I proceed? Can someone
> please review and approve?

I think Emilien's suggestion in 252214 was to add a puppet-vitrage
deliverable to the Puppet OpenStack project in that file, in which
case the process is just to wait for him to +1 it and then the TC
generally approves the addition at their next weekly meeting.

Instead, you're proposing a new official OpenStack project for
vitrage. It's also fine, but that more involved process and its
expectations are described at
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html
with a lot of background information you should probably read at
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/ too.

Also, it's unusual for a project's corresponding Puppet modules to
be governed by the same team. You'll notice that for the vast
majority of OpenStack services their Puppet modules are a
collaborative effort of the Puppet OpenStack team instead (per
Emilien's original suggestion).
--
Jeremy Stanley