[openstack-dev] [tosca-parser] [heat-translator] [heat] TOSCA-Parser 0.3.0 PyPI release

Sahdev P Zala spzala at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 4 22:01:32 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of the TOSCA-Parser team, I am pleased to announce the 0.3.0
PyPI release of tosca-parser which can be downloaded from
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tosca-parser
This release includes following enhancements,
·       Support for nested imports – allows use of importing type
definition within a type definition.
·       Full validation of TOSCA template – until now we were throwing
error as we hit but with full validation all errors are compiled and
displayed together. This will be used in heat-translator to allow user to
provide an option to validate TOSCA template without actual translation.
·       A new test shell entry point – a new shell command, tosca-parser,
is created for testing and validating TOSCA templates.
·       Support for .csar file extension – now both .zip and .csar
extensions are supported for a CSAR file.
·       Many small fixes –
o       Remove decompressed temporary directory after processing CSAR file
in in unit tests in Jenkin’s environment.
o       Updated trove classifier for the project.
o       The tosca-parser project is added to OpenStack global requirements
to automatically update requirements.
o       TOSCA definition update for admin and public endpoint, and
PortSpec type per the latest spec.
o       New missing validation and i18n fixes.
o       Updated error messages for uniform formatting across the project.
o       Documentation update etc.
Per project development plan, we will be having a point release every five
to six weeks interval with new features.
Thanks!

Regards,
Sahdev Zala