[openstack-dev] openstackdocstheme to be considered (very) harmful for your generated sphinx docs

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Dec 4 14:09:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've investigated a bit the openstackdocstheme, and tried to remove some
of the (numerous) javascript with external references. And it's *very*
ugly: it's full of google stuff, random CDN and so on.

Not only this, but generated docs could potentially do call some of
these objects without using HTTPS (which is the case when browsing a
local *-doc package generated sphinx document using file://).

At the present moment, I would recommend projects to *not* use the
openstackdocstheme at all until all of this is fixed.

I'm also thinking: am I the only one in this community that cares about
browsing privacy?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)