[openstack-dev] [fuel] UI experience

Alexandra Morozova astepanchuk at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 4 12:35:33 UTC 2015

Hi Sergii,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

I guess, you mean Reset
<https://monosnap.com/file/J7BBVBm8KafRQhYNA5T3Z4xA7Ptyyh> deployment and Stop
<http://take.ms/pl4IM>deployment buttons?

The idea here is that all potentially destructive action should be not
exposed to the users, so it will prevent accidental clicking these buttons
which will in most cases lead to broken OpenStack environment configuration.

Reset button <http://take.ms/nzi71> is hidden when there were not any
previous deploy operation with the OpenStack environment.
Stop button <http://take.ms/dbRdS> is hidden when it's impossible to stop
deployment.

Maybe, you are right, that showing disabled button will be better for the
user, but let's keep in mind that it's better to hide some buttons, than to
show a number of disabled ones. That's why the current behavior looks good
for me.

P.S. and again thanks for the feedback, we really need it.

Best regards,
Morozova Alexandra
Software Developer, Mirantis, Inc.
Skype: anarchistkasan