[openstack-dev] [neutron] StandardAttributes overlap with existing data models

James Dempsey jamesd at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Dec 3 21:41:15 UTC 2015

Hi Devs,

I've got an open RFE[1] to allow descriptions on Security Group Rules.
It was suggested that I add a new StandardAttribute instead of modifying
the SecurityGroupRule data model to add a description.

My questions are:

1. Will a new 'description' StandardAttribute leave resources that
already have description fields with two 'description's? (e.g.
SecurityGroup)

2. If I want to add a 'description' StandardAttribute, do I need to try
and remove existing descriptions from data models?

3. Should I even be using StandardAttributes for this?  It would be
simple enough to just add a description field to the SecurityGroupRule
model.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1483480