[openstack-dev] [nova]New Quota Subteam on Nova

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 20:33:06 UTC 2015

- at openstack

On Dec 1, 2015, at 11:45, Vilobh Meshram <vilobhmeshram.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you can share the details of the bug that Joe mentioned, to reproduce quota bugs locally, it would be helpful.

Here's the bug comment I was thinking of, #15 by jogo on the script he used to make quotas go out of sync while restarting nova-api during the test [1]. Thanks to mriedem for finding it.

On the parallel request bug [2], if you check out alaski's comment #3, he mentions the keypairs and security groups apis check quota without using the reservation system. We should investigate why they don't and whether we can convert them to use the reservation system. I think that would provide a lot of improvement.

Bug [2] implies there aren't issues with exceeding quotas for apis other than the keypairs and security groups, so I'm curious if other apis are affected. It would be another useful set of functional tests to do parallel requests per api and see which apis can exceed quota in that scenario.

-melanie

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1284424
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1301532