[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Bug deputy process

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 15:58:07 UTC 2015

Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi neutrinos,
>
> It's been a couple of months that the Bug deputy process has been in
> place [1,2]. Since the beginning of Mitaka we have collected the
> following statistics (for neutron and neutronclient):
>
> Total bug reports: 373
> 	• Fix committed: 144
> 	• Unassigned: 73
> 		• New: 17
> 		• Incomplete: 20
> 		• Confirmed: 27
> 		• Triaged: 6
>
> At first, it is clear that we do not fix issues nearly as fast as they
> come in, but at least we managed to keep the number of
> unassigned/unvetted bugs relatively small, so kudos to you all who
> participated in this experiment. I don't have data based on older
> releases, so I can't see whether we've improved or worsened, and I'd like
> to ask for feedback from the people who played with this first hand,
> especially on the amount of time that has taken them to do deputy duty
> for their assigned week.
> 	• ihrachys
> 	• regXboi
> 	• markmcclain
> 	• mestery
> 	• mangelajo
> 	• garyk
> 	• rossella_s
> 	• dougwig

My perspective, it is a success. We are better at disseminating information
about ongoing reported issues.

Timewise, it did not waste more than an hour per day for me, usually less.
The trick I use is subscribing to all comments in all neutron bugs in LP.
That way I don’t need to rely on UI to get the list of bugs reported during
me on duty.

The thing I would like us to see enhanced is making sure that tags set to
bugs are actively tracked by corresponding teams. Hint: in my case, I have
some recurrent todo on each Fri to walk thru all ‘oslo’ bugs. I may do the
same if/once we get ‘upgrade’ tag. It would be great to be able to
subscribe to just specific tag for emails, but I don’t know whether it’s
possible in LP.

So kudos for setting the process and thanks everyone involved so far,

Ihar