[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Instance customization for Bootstrapping the cluster nodes

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 2 22:01:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

we don't have such feature right now. It could be implemented by adding
support for defining user data on the templates level. We already passing
some user data to the VMs, so, it'll be really easy to implement it in
Sahara.

You can submit spec or blueprint for it.

Thanks.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Ashish Billore <ashish.billore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am looking for a way to customize my Cluster nodes at cluster creation
> time. This is something like: AWS EMR BootStrap Action:
> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-plan-bootstrap.html
>
> While creating an instance through nova boot command / UI, there is an
> option to pass user-data through with cloud-init or cloud-config scripts,
> that can customize the instance at creation time based on specific
> environment or user need. Is there a similar way to pass cloud-init /
> cloud-config scripts while creating cluster using Sahara?
>
> Please Note: I do not prefer to bake these customization in the Sahara
> image itself, I need to do these at the Cluster creation time, dynamically.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Ashish