[openstack-dev] [neutron] Release Notes for *aaS projects

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 17:35:08 UTC 2015

Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:

> We're hoping to cut Neutron M-1 this week [1]. We have implemented
> release notes in the main Neutron repository [2] , but not in the *aaS
> repositories. At the time, I thought this was a good approach and we
> could collect all releasenotes there. But I think it makes sense to
> have releasenotes in the *aaS repositories as well.
>
> What I'm going to propose is we cut Neutron M-1 as-is now, with any
> *aaS releasenotes done in the main repository. Once Neutron M-1 is
> cut, I'll add the releasenotes stuff into the *aaS repositories, and
> we can start using releasenotes independently in those repositories.
>
> If anyone has issues with this approach please reply on this thread.

I believe that is the best way to do it. Otherwise we would need to push
multiple patches for the same change: one into *aas, and another one into
neutron tree just for release notes. It defeats the whole usefulness of
being able to enforce release notes requirements as part of the patches
making the actual changes. We all know ‘I will follow up’ often means ‘I
won’t do it, ever’.

Ihar