[openstack-dev] [ironic] Announcing Third Party CI for Proliant iLO Drivers

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Dec 2 16:56:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:48:44PM -0500, Anita Kuno wrote:
> On 11/30/2015 12:33 PM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> > I was there and I already said that I'm not buying into "spamming the
> > list" argument. There are much less important things that I see here
> > right now, even though I do actively use filters to only see potentially
> > relevant things. We've been actively (and not very successfully)
> > encouraging people to use ML instead of IRC conversations (or even
> > private messages and video chats), and this thread does not seem in line
> > with it.
>
> Please discuss this with the leadership of your project.
>
> All announcements about the existence of a third party ci will be
> redirected to the third party systems wikipage.

While I agree with Dmitry that I don't tend to think posting these
announcements to the list is very spammy, I also don't know the history
behind these decisions, and I'm not opinionated enough to get involved in
that discussion.

As for third party CI announcements, I think we should do whatever the
rest of the OpenStack projects do; being different here just creates
pain for everyone.

// jim