[openstack-dev] [ironic]Create vm fails when using IronicDriver

Zhi Chang changzhi at unitedstack.com
Wed Dec 2 02:40:52 UTC 2015

hi, all
    I install Ironic in my devstack by following the document http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/dev/dev-quickstart.html. But I meet a problem now. Create a vm fail by nova by using IronicDriver. My nova.conf like this:
./nova.conf:scheduler_host_manager = nova.scheduler.ironic_host_manager.IronicHostManager
./nova.conf:compute_driver = nova.virt.ironic.IronicDriver

Creating vm command is: nova boot --flavor baremetal --image $image --key-name default --nic net-id=xxx testing

And the error message is:
InstanceDeployFailure: RPC do_node_deploy failed to validate deploy or power info. Error: Node d71babdd-aa91-450d-b957-dc8c633c41f2 is configured to use the agent_ssh driver which currently does not support deploying partition images.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thx
Zhi Chang