[openstack-dev] [searchlight][ceilometer][qa][infra] Elasticsearch 2.0 client release

McLellan, Steven steve.mclellan at hpe.com
Tue Dec 1 21:54:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

The elasticsearch 2.0 python client is not backwards compatible with the 1.x client nor server. Currently global-requirements has no upper cap on it; I've proposed https://review.openstack.org/252075 to cap it under version 2.0 on the basis that devstack installs elasticsearch 1.x and I imagine that's currently the most commonly supported version. Deployers using version 2.0 would need to change the client version they install with projects that use it (which as best I can tell currently is ceilometer and searchlight) and those projects will need to allow optional support for it.

Reviews or alternatives would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Steve McLellan