[openstack-dev] [keystone]Different projects authentication strategy

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 19:32:48 UTC 2015

On 12/01/2015 01:23 AM, 1021710773 wrote:
> Every Developers,
>
>     Hello. I here would like to ask some questions about policy rules.
>     Now the policy rules of openstack in keystone and other projects
> are set in policy.json, in other words, the policy rules are equal
> to each projects. And the common ways to enforce are in decorative
> function like protected(). And in keystone project, it manage the
> users, projects,  roles and other resources. Now, some particular
> projects(tenants) may have its own enforce rules, not just like the
> policy.json, and in that ways, could we update the usual decorative
> function of enforce to realize the authentification of projects? And
> now, the policy model appears in keystone project. Could we use it to
> create association between projects and policy?

That request has come up in the past.  At this point, I don't think we
have a path to "Tenant specific policy" but we have a couple features in
Mitaka that might be close:  Implied Roles and Domain specific roles.

See the specs:

Implied roles has merged:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystone-specs/tree/specs/mitaka/implied-roles.rst

Domain specific roles was just given the thumbs up and will likely merge
soon.