[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Disabling HA for RPC queues in RabbitMQ

Dmitry Mescheryakov dmescheryakov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 1 18:27:03 UTC 2015

Hello guys,

I would like to propose to disable HA for OpenStack RPC queues. The
rationale is to reduce load on RabbitMQ by removing necessity for it to
replicate messages across the cluster. You can find more details about
proposal in spec [1].

To what is in the spec I can add that I've ran a test on scale which
confirms that there is at least one case where our messaging stack is
bottleneck currently. That is a Rally boot_and_delete_server_with_secgroups
run against setup with Neutron VXLAN with DVR. Just removing HA policy
reduces the test time 2 times and increases message throughput 2-3 times. I
think that is a very clear indication of benefit we can get.

I do understand that we are almost in Feature Freeze, so I will request a
feature freeze exception for that change in a separate thread with detailed
plan.

Thanks,

Dmitry

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247517/