[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][aodh][vitrage] Raising custom alarms in AODH

ROSENSWEIG, ELISHA (ELISHA) elisha.rosensweig at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Dec 1 13:41:41 UTC 2015

Thanks for the quick reply. We have a few more questions, for clarification:

1. Does AODH currently support raising alarms on resources not modeled in OpenStack? For example, raising an alarm on a Switch? Or does each alarm have to relate to a resource ID (or IDs)(

2.  What we feel is missing is some way to raise an alarm on-the-fly. In Vitrage, we have this concept of "deduced alarms", where based on some analysis Vitrage determines we need to raise an alarm on some resource. As we understand it, currently to raise an alarm in AODH we need to register the alarm in advance, wait for it to be registered and only then we can trigger the event. This will delay our response time to events.

Could you clarify these two points, or correct any misconceptions on our part?

Thanks,

Elisha Rosensweig, PhD
CloudBand, Alcatel-Lucent