[openstack-dev] [cross-project] Cross-project Liaisons
thingee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 01:30:52 UTC 2015
Currently for cross-project specs, the author of the spec spends the time to
explain why a certain feature makes sense to be across multiple projects. This
also includes giving technical solutions for it working with a variety of
services and making sure everyone is happy.
Today we have the following problems:
* Authors of specs can't progress forward with specs because of lack of
attention. Eventually getting frustrated and giving up.
* Some projects could miss a cross-project spec being approved by the TC.
It has been expressed to me at the previous Cross-Project Communication Tokyo
summit session that PTLs don't have time for cross-project issues. I agree, as
being a previous PTL your time is thin. However, I do think someone from each
project needs to be aware and involved with cross-project initiatives.
I would like to propose cross-project liaisons which would have the following
* Watching the cross-project spec repo .
- Comment on specs that involve your project. +1 to carry forward for TC
-- If you're not able to provide technical guidance on certain specs for
your project, it's up to you to get the right people involved.
-- Assuming you get someone else involved, it's up to you to make sure they
keep up with communication.
- Communicate back to your project's meeting on certain cross-project specs
when necessary. This is also good for the previous bullet point of sourcing
who would have technical knowledge for certain specs.
* Attend the cross-project meeting when it's called for .
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:+openstack/openstack-specs+status:+open,n,z
 - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/CrossProjectMeeting
More information about the OpenStack-dev