[openstack-dev] [all] some in-repo documentation improvements

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 31 20:35:37 UTC 2015

I recently added some features to stevedore and oslo.config to
integrate them with Sphinx. In stevedore this lets us document the
members of a particular plugin set that are provided by a given
repository (or its dependencies). In oslo.config the integration
lets us document the discovered configuration options by using the
same techniques as the config generator.  An example of the stevedore
output can be found in the oslo.messaging docs at [1] and the
oslo.config output for oslo.messaging is [2].

Some of you may have already noticed that I've started a background
project, to start contributing the necessary patches to have other
projects take advantage of these new features.  There is no blueprint,
since the changes needed in each project are relatively small and
not critical.  A few people have already volunteered to help, and
we're tracking our work in a couple of etherpads [3] and [4].

If you would like to participate, please sign up next to the relevant
project name on one of the etherpads. I'm available for reviews, if you
need them.

Doug

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.messaging/executors.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.messaging/opts.html