[openstack-dev] Feature Freeze - Finer details(?)

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 31 20:05:22 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Davanum Srinivas (dims)'s message of 2015-08-31 12:36:26 -0700:
> Thierry, Doug,
>
> Is this what we will be doing? If so, when can we schedule step #1?
>
> #1 Freeze all external libs in G-R (other than oslo and openstack python
> libs)

We typically do that at the same time as feature freeze, which is this
week.

> #2 Cut oslo libraries based on Step #1
> #3 Update G-R with list of oslo libraries based on step #2
> #4 Release OpenStack python-* libraries from different projects (Say
> Python-keystoneclient etc) with G-R updates from step #3
> #5 Update G-R with all the released OpenStack python libs from Step #4
> #6 Update all projects like Nova etc with the final G-R

The rest should be able to happen early next week.

At this point, we only need to prioritize something if we have a service
feature blocked on a release of an OpenStack library. Other than that,
all of the releases should be requirements syncs and bug fixes.

Doug