[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3][dvr][fwaas] FWaaS with DVR

hdh1983 hdh_1983 at 163.com
Sun Aug 30 14:11:59 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 02:53 PM, Germy Lure wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two points.
> a. For the problem in this thread, my suggestion is to introduce new
> concepts to replace the existing firewall and SG.
> Perhaps you have found the overlap between firewall and SG. It's
> trouble for user to select.
> So the new concepts are edge-firewall for N/S traffic and Distributed
> firewall for W/E traffic. The former is similar to the existing
> firewall but without E/W controlling and deployed on those nodes
> connect with external world. The latter controls E/W traffic such as
> subnet to subnet, VM to VM and subnet to VM and will be deployed on
> compute nodes.
>
> We can attach firewall rules to VM port implicitly, especially the DVR
> is disabled. I think it's difficult for a user to do that explicitly
> while there are hundreds VMs.
>
> b. For the problems like this.
> From recent mailing list, we can see so many problems introduced by
> DVR. Such as VPNaaS, floating-IP and FWaaS co-existing with DVR, etc..
> Then, stackers, I don't know what's the standard or outgoing check of
> releasing a feature in community. But can we make or add some
> provisions or something else in order to avoid conflict between features?
>
> Forgive my poor English
> BR,
> Germy
>
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Mickey Spiegel <emspiege at us.ibm.com
> <mailto:emspiege at us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     Bump
>
>     The FWaaS team would really like some feedback from the DVR side.
>
>     Mickey

      I agree that FWaas is overlap with security group,  and many my
colleagues who try to use neutron api always ask me a question, what is
the difference between
security group and FWaaS?  I try to explain, FWaas is not only
responsible security for E/W traffic but also  responsible for N/S
traffic, and security group is definitely
used to security E/W traffic.
      Now in kilo release, DVR is the related mature feature in neutron,
but it isn't compatible with FWaaS, in DVR deployment, personally, i
think FWaaS only takes care
of N/S traffic that is reasonable, and security group takes care of E/W
traffic.

denghui
Br