[openstack-dev] [heat] Deployment of Lock / Unlock Operation like MUTEX

Shinobu Kinjo skinjo at redhat.com
Sat Aug 29 00:31:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

Here is a situation which I faced, that can be reproduced.

I did "heat resource-signal" multiple times simultaneously to scale instance.
As a result 3 resources were made in the scaling group having max_size=2.

"stack-list -n" showed me 3 stacks in one parent.

Heat itself seems not to actually check resource data in the database.

Is there any lock/unlock mechanism like mutex in heat implementation like locking
database when auto-scaling feature is triggered.

Or is there plan to deploy such a mutex mechanism.
What I'm concerning about more is that cielometer also has some feature to triggering
auto-scaling.

So I would like to make sure that there is a mechanism to keep data consistency on
each component.

Please let me know, if I've missed anything.

Shinobu