[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] Cinder and Nova availability zones

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Fri Aug 28 13:27:17 UTC 2015

In case you have Ceph backend (actually I think this applies to any non-LVM backend), you normally run c-vol on your controller nodes in A/P manner. c-vol becomes more like control plane service and we don't provide AZs for control plane. Nova doesn't do it either, AZs are only for compute nodes.

Given that now Nova assumes that Cinder have same set of AZs, we should be able to create fake ones (or have a fallback option like in patch provided by Ned).