[openstack-dev] [ironic] final release in Liberty cycle

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 28 09:47:47 UTC 2015

Ruby Loo wrote:
> Our first semver release, 4.0.0, was tagged this week but a few more
> things need to be ironed out still (hopefully there will be an
> announcement about that in the near future).
>
> What I wanted to mention is that according to the new process, there
> will be a final release of ironic that coincides with the Liberty
> coordinated release. The current plan is to cut a 4.1.0 release around
> Liberty RC1, which will become our stable/liberty branch. According to
> the schedule[1], that would most likely happen the week of September 21
> or thereabouts. We'll have a better idea as we get closer to the date.

Right. Basically 4.1.0 will be your "release candidate" and will serve
as the "end-of-cycle release" unless major issues are found that justify
a 4.1.1 being cut on stable/liberty branch.

> It isn't clear to me how ironic is affected by the DepFreeze[2] and the
> global requirements. Maybe someone who understands that part, could
> explain. (And perhaps how the new ironic-lib fits into this freeze, or not.)

Due to the way stable/liberty will work, we softfreeze the master branch
of global requirements shortly after the liberty-3 date, and until all
projects with stable branches have cut stable/liberty (which happens
when they cut their first release candidate). At that point we cut a
stable/liberty branch for global requirements and master is unfrozen.

So for Ironic, that means new requirements (or requirements bumps)
should ideally be filed before end of next week if you want those part
of 4.1.0 (or stable/liberty).

Ift's a soft freeze so we'll still consider exceptions of course, but
that's the general rule.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)