[openstack-dev] [Horizon] [Nova] [Cinder] Need to add selection of availability zone for new volume

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Fri Aug 28 09:02:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

If I recall correctly your Horizon-based solution won't be possible, because of how Nova's code works internally - it just passes Nova's AZ to Cinder API, without allowing to overwrite it.

We're discussing this particular issue in another ML thread http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/071732.html. I'm planning to create a BP and spec to sort out all Cinder AZ issues in Mitaka.

Apart from that there's a bugreport[1] and patch[2] aiming in temporarily fixing it for Liberty cycle.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1489575
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217857/