[openstack-dev] [ironic] final release in Liberty cycle

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:53:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

As (most of) you are aware, in this cycle, ironic decided to switch to a
feature-based release model[0].

Our first semver release, 4.0.0, was tagged this week but a few more things
need to be ironed out still (hopefully there will be an announcement about
that in the near future).

What I wanted to mention is that according to the new process, there will
be a final release of ironic that coincides with the Liberty coordinated
release. The current plan is to cut a 4.1.0 release around Liberty RC1,
which will become our stable/liberty branch. According to the schedule[1],
that would most likely happen the week of September 21 or thereabouts.
We'll have a better idea as we get closer to the date.

It isn't clear to me how ironic is affected by the DepFreeze[2] and the
global requirements. Maybe someone who understands that part, could
explain. (And perhaps how the new ironic-lib fits into this freeze, or not.)

--ruby

[0]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/liberty-implemented/feature-based-releases.html
[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Liberty_Release_Schedule