[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3][dvr][fwaas] FWaaS

bharath bharath at brocade.com
Fri Aug 28 01:43:43 UTC 2015

Hi ,

Adding more info

create_firewall(self, agent_mode, apply_list, firewall) and
update_firewall(self, agent_mode, apply_list, firewall) api's are
getting called with empty apply list

apply_list is generated by the _get_router_info_list_for_tenant. The
rootcause for returning empty list is due to empty self.router_info.

If kill the firewall agent and start the firewall agent again ,then
router_info is getting updated with existing router , then
update_firewall is getting called with
non empty apply list so firewall rules are getting applied to existing
routers. But new firewall updates are still not getting updated as the
apply_list is empty.

So basically to apply the firewall rules i am ending up to restart the
firewall_agent repeatedly

The agent which i am using vyatta firewall
agent(neutron_fwaas/services/firewall/agents/vyatta)

I checked other agents code , the implementation is almost same in all
the agents.

It seems to be recent breakage as this was working fine in the last month.

i suspect recent changes in neutron or neutron-fwaas might have broken
this.

Can someone help me out on this issue

Thanks,
bharath