[openstack-dev] [Murano] Documentation on how to Start Contributing

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 27 21:36:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-27 13:55:16 -0700 (-0700), Vahid S Hashemian wrote:
> Thank you for your response. What you suggested makes sense. Could
> you please also confirm
>
> - Whether you push your work in progress to review.openstack.org
> and go to the site and manually mark it as "work in progress" (so
> reviewers don't assume it's ready for review)?

Yes, I do (well, I actually use https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gertty
to set a workflow -1 vote rather than doing it through the Gerrit
WebUI because working in a console is more comfortable for me).

> - When you pull the change on your test server, do you pull
> directly into /opt/stack/murano and restart the daemon?

I haven't worked on Murano specifically, but for other services I
work on testing patches for under DevStack I fetch them from
review.openstack.org and check them out (or sometimes cherry-pick
them depending on the situation) directly in the repos under the
/opt/stack directory and then break and re-run the affected services
in their respective screen sessions.
--
Jeremy Stanley