[openstack-dev] [Glance] upcoming glanceclient release

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 19:32:42 UTC 2015

As a part of our continued effort to make the v2 primary API and get
people to consume it without confusion we are planning to move ahead
with the client release (the release would set the default version of
API to 2). There haven't been any major/minor raised here.

An issue regarding the possible impact of this release due to major bump
was raised during the morning meeting however, the client release should
follow semver semantics and indicate the same. A corresponding review
for release notes exists that should merge before the release. This
medium of communication seems enough; it follows the prescription for
necessary communication. I don't seem to find a definition for necessary
and sufficient media for communicating this information so will take
what we usually follow.

There are a few bugs [1] that could be considered as part of this
release but do not seem to be blockers. In order to accommodate the
deadlines of the release milestones and impact of releases in the
upcoming week to other projects, we can continue to fix bugs and release
them as a part of 1.x.x releases sooner than later as time and resource
permit. Also, the high ones can be part of the stable/* backports if
needed but the description has only shell impact so there isn't a strong
enough reason.

So, we need to move ahead with this release for Liberty.

[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+bugs?field.tag=1.0.0-potential

On 8/25/15 12:15 PM, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to cut a client release this Thursday by 1500UTC or so.
> If there are any reviews that you absolutely need and are likely to not
> break the client in the near future, please ping me (nikhil_k) or jokke_
> on IRC #openstack-glance.
>
> This will most likely be our final client release for Liberty.

Nikhil