[openstack-dev] [Fuel] How much do we rely on dnsmasq?

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Thu Aug 27 19:06:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wanted to ask if we have any opinions on dnsmasq, since I am doing
some hacking on adding IPv6 support to fuel, for the provisioning stage.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216787/

Depending on if dnsmasq supports DHCPv6 options for PXE booting, we may
need to investigate replacing it with isc-dhcpd. Which is no small task,
I can imagine.

The spec review has links to a post I made on the dnsmasq mailing list
to see if there is anyone there that can answer my question.

--
Sean M. Collins