[openstack-dev] [heat][horizon] Backward-incompatible changes to the Neutron API

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:09:29 UTC 2015

As Mathias said, Horizon worked (and in many cases works) cross releases.

Horizon determines supported features based on keystone catalogs,
extension list from back-end services (like nova, neutron).
Micro-versioning support may come in future (though it is not supported).

For backward incompatible API change in VPNaaS, Horizon can determine
if Neutron (including VPNaaS) provides a way to determines which version is
available.
At now, the only way is to expose it through the extension list.

On the other hand, it is tough to maintain multiple versions of
implementations.
It is reasonable to me that Horizon supports two implementation in one or
two
release cycle(s) and drop older implementation later.

Akihiro