[openstack-dev] [neutron] Expected cli behavior when ovs-agent is down

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:06:00 UTC 2015

Hi Shihanzhang,

Sorry for the late reply.
Later after asking for suggestion here on mailing list and while i was
exploring on how to fix this issue, bug was marked duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1399249 . So i left its tracking.

And on your question, yes even after ovs-agent restart binding does not
recovers.

Thanks & Regars
Vikas Choudhary

hi Vikas Choudhary, when ovs-agent service recover(ovs-agent process
restart), the dhcp port will not re-binding successfully?

At 2015-08-22 14:26:08, "Vikas Choudhary" <choudharyvikas16 at
gmail.com <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev>>
wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I want to discuss on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1348589.This is there for more
than a year and no discussion i could find on this.

Scenario:
ovs-agent is down and then a network and subnet under this newly
created network are created using cli. No error visible to user, but
following irregularities are found.

Discrepancies:
1. neutron port-show <dhcp-port> shows:
     binding:vif_type      | binding_failed
2. Running "ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-tun", no of-flow got added
3. Running "ovs-vsctl show br-int", no tag for dhcp-port.

neutron db will have all the attributes required to retry vif
binding.My query is when should we trigger this rebinding.Two
approaches i could think of are:
1> At neutron server restart, for all ports with vif_type as
"binding_failed" plugins/ml2/drivers/mech_agent.bind_port can be
invoked as a sync up activity.

2> In neutron port update api,
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-networking-v2-ext.html , could
be enhanced to receive vif binding related options also and then
eventually plugins/ml2/drivers/mech_agent.bind_port can be
invoked.Corresponding changes will be made to 'port update cli' also.

Please suggest.