[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-ovn][tempest] devstack: gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn failures in Openstack CI

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 20:59:29 UTC 2015

On 08/26/2015 04:25 PM, Amitabha Biswas wrote:
> With the recent commits it seems that the
> gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn is succeeding more or less every time.
> The DBDeadlock issues still are seen on q-svc logs but are not frequent
> enough to cause ovsdb failures that were leading to the dsvm-networking
> failing before.

\o/

> Once in a while a test fails for e.g.
> tempest.api.network.test_dhcp_ipv6.NetworksTestDHCPv6.test_dhcpv6_two_subnets
> that failed recently in Jenkins. But I am pretty sure it will succeed if
> the suite is re-run.

Have you looked to see if the same test is failing for the regular
neutron jobs?  Or does it seem to be OVN specific?

> Should the gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn become voting at this time,
> and re-run/re-check if it fails in the Jenkins check?

That's a good question.  Maybe we should put up a test patch and recheck
it a bunch over the next few days to make sure it's as good as we think.
 If so, I'm all for making it voting asap.  Would you like to create a
test change for this?

If anything new comes up later that causes us problems, the nice thing
is that we can pretty quickly and easily disable tests by updating our
devstackgaterc file in the networking-ovn repo.

--
Russell Bryant