[openstack-dev] mock 1.3 breaking all of Kilo in Sid (and other cases of this kind)

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 26 15:15:00 UTC 2015

On 8/26/2015 9:15 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:

Right, there is a very small team of people that actually care about and
try to maintain stable branches for all projects and when things are
completely wedged, our first response is to get things unwedged as soon
as possible.  This is generally because the longer you wait to get
stable branches fixes, as soon as you fix the first problem there is a
new problem and you're just constantly thrashing on digging out.

If there was a more community-wide concerted all-hands-on-deck effort
when it comes to gate breakages and stable branch maintenance, then we
would maybe be less prone to cap dependencies.

Matt Riedemann