[openstack-dev] [fuel] Branching strategy vs feature freeze

Igor Marnat imarnat at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 26 11:23:24 UTC 2015

Thierry, Dmitry,
key point is that we in Fuel need to follow as much community adopted
process as we can, and not to introduce something Fuel specific. We
need not only to avoid forking code, but also to avoid forking
processes and approaches for Fuel.

Both #2 and #3 allow it, making it easier for contributors to
participate in the Fuel.

#3 (having internal repos for pre-release preparation, bug fixing and
small custom features) from community perspective is the same as #2,
provided that all the code from these internal repos always ends up
being committed upstream. Purely internal logistics.

The only one additional note from my side is that we might want to
consider an approach slightly adopted similar to what's there in
Puppet modules. AFAIK, they are typically released several weeks later
than Openstack code. This is natural for Fuel as it depends on these
modules and packaging of Openstack.

Regards,
Igor Marnat