[openstack-dev] [wsme] potential issues with WSME 0.8.0

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:05:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Chris Dent <chdent at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
>
>> Note that this is an API breaking change, which can potentially break
>> random users of all projects using wsme. I think we should communicate this
>> point a bit louder, and I also believe it should have warranted a major
>> version bump.
>

> Yeah, Lucas and I weren't actually aware of the specific impact of that
> change until after it was released; part of the danger of being cores-on-
> demand rather than cores-by-desire[1].
>
> I'll speak with him and dhellman later this morning and figure out
> the best thing to do.

+1, yeah I kinda agree with the major version bump. But also it's
important to note that Ironic which was affected by that was relying
on be able to POST nonexistent fields to create resources and WSME
would just ignore those on versions <= 0.8.0. That's a legitimate bug
that have been fixed in WSME (and projects shouldn't have relied on
that in the first place).

Cheers,
Lucas