[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-ovn][tempest] devstack: gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn failures in Openstack CI

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 18:15:46 UTC 2015

On 08/25/2015 01:26 PM, Amitabha Biswas wrote:
> Russell suggested removing the MYSQL_DRIVER=MySQL-python declaration
> from local.conf https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216413/which results in
> PyMySQL as the default.
>
> With the above change the above DB errors are no longer seen in my local
> setup,

It's great to hear that resolved the errors you saw!

>  1. Is there any impact of using PyMySQL for the Jenkins check and gates.

As Jeremy mentioned, this is what everything else is using (and what OVN
was automatically already using in OpenStack CI).

>  2. Why is the gate-networking-ovn-python27**failing (the past couple of
>     commits) in {0}
>     networking_ovn.tests.unit.test_ovn_plugin.TestOvnPlugin.test_create_port_security
>     [0.194020s] ... FAILED. Do we need another conversation to track this?

This is a separate issue.  The networking-ovn git repo has been pretty
quiet the last few weeks and it seems something has changed that made
our tests break.  We inherit a lot of base plugin tests from neutron, so
it's probably some change in Neutron that we haven't synced with yet.  I
haven't had time to dig into it yet.

--
Russell Bryant