[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-ovn][tempest] devstack: gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn failures in Openstack CI

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 25 17:50:22 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-25 10:26:38 -0700 (-0700), Amitabha Biswas wrote:
[...]
> Russell suggested removing the MYSQL_DRIVER=MySQL-python declaration from
> local.conf https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216413/ which results in
> PyMySQL as the default.
>
> With the above change the above DB errors are no longer seen in my local
> setup, the CI setup is having trouble with the
> gate-networking-ovn-python27 test now therefore the
> gate-tempest-dsvm-networking-ovn never runs.
>
> So there are 2 questions:
>
> Is there any impact of using PyMySQL for the Jenkins check and gates.
[...]

See the many dozens of changes switching from MySQL-python to
PyMySQL as our upstream default:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:pymysql-switch,n,z

This direction was decided at the Liberty summit in Vancouver, and
upstream DevStack-based jobs default to PyMySQL for more than a
couple months now (since https://review.openstack.org/191113
merged). This both solves some locking-related performance issues
and gets us closer to Python 3.x support.
--
Jeremy Stanley