[openstack-dev] mock 1.3 breaking all of Kilo in Sid (and other cases of this kind)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Aug 25 15:04:03 UTC 2015

On 08/25/2015 03:42 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
> [...]
> Anyway, the result is that mock 1.3 broke 9 packages at least in Kilo,
> currently in Sid [1]. Maybe, as packages gets rebuilt, I'll get more bug
> reports. This really, is a depressing situation.
> [...]

Some ppl on IRC explained to me what the situation was, which is that
the mock API has been wrongly used, and some tests were in fact wrongly
passing, so indeed, this is one of the rare cases where breaking the API
probably made sense.

As it doesn't bring anything to repair these tests, I'm just not running
them in Kilo from now on, using something like this:

--subunit 'tests\.unit\.(?!.*foo.*)

Please comment if you think that's the wrong way to go. Also, has some
of these been repaired in the stable/kilo branch?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)