[openstack-dev] [oslo] incubator move to private modules

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:48:27 UTC 2015

Over time oslo incubator has become less important as most things are simply becoming libraries from the get-go. However, there is still code in incubator and particularly Keystone client has seen an issue where the incubator code is considered a "public api" by consuming projects.

I would like to start the conversation of moving all incubator modules to be prefixed by "_" indicating they are not meant for public consumption. I expect that if there is not a large uproar here on the mailing list, that I will propose a spec to oslo shortly to make this change possible.

What I am looking for before the spec happens, is the view from the community on making this type of change and bringing modules private (and associated concerns).

Cheers,
--Morgan

Sent via mobile